Level III Training
You are on the path to being certified as a Peak Performance Coach! You have completed Level I and Level II of The Singer’s Path to Peak Performance. You have learned new mental skills and gained new tools that are already making a difference with your students. In Level III you will apply and practice everything you learned in Levels I and Level II. You will learn how to use Dr. Skidmore’s assessment tools to guide your coaching and how to design a specialized mental skills coaching program for your students. You will work directly with your students under the supervision of Dr. Jon Skimore, Psy. D. Performance Psychologist. Upon successful completion of this program, you will be a certified Peak Performance Coach!
Level III Peak Performance training will be limited to 10 participants. In order to participate in Level III Peak Performance training, you must have completed both Level I and Level II training.
The completion of Levels I and II of The Singer’s Path to Peak Performance.
Session 1 – April 19 9:00-10:00 am MST Our first session outlines the entire program. First learn when it is appropriate to coach and when a referral is needed. Review the administration of the Mental Skills Assessment and learn to develop an individualized coaching program based on the Mental Skills Questionnaire. Learn about the 30 Days to Peak Performance Workbook and how to use it from Stage I to Stage V with your student selected to perform at the recital.
Session 2 – April 26 9:00-10:00 am MST Two teachers discuss a selected student and an action plan is developed for the student and teacher. Concept review: Re-writing the worst performance ever into a victory.
Session 3 – May 3 9:00-10:00 am MST Two teachers discuss a selected student and an action plan is developed for the student and teacher. Concept review: The post-performance debriefing.
Session 4 – May 10 9:00-10:00 am MST Two teachers discuss a selected student and an action plan is developed for the student and teacher. Concept review: Visualization.
Session 5 – May 17 9:00-10:00 am MST Two teachers discuss a selected student and an action plan is developed for the student and teacher. Concept review: Effective pre-performance routines.
Session 6 – Recital Master Class – Your student will meet with Dr. Skidmore for a skills master class and then conduct a debriefing with the performer. Either June 7th at 9:00 am MST or June 8th at 6:30 pm MST.
Final session – June 14th 9:00-10:00 am MST Concept review: The post-performance debriefing and an approach to setting goals.
In addition to the above group sessions, participants will receive the following:
– One 30-minute consultation with a student, the teacher, and Dr. Jon Skidmore. These will be scheduled at a time that will work for everyone. If the student is willing to sign a consent form, it may be possible for the other teachers to observe the consultation.
– Access to the IVTOM Facebook page Level III. Participants are encouraged to post weekly about their experiences coaching their students.
– Questionnaires and Handouts: The Background and History questionnaire, The Performance Attitude questionnaire, The Performance Profile, The Flow Checklist, The Affirmation Guide, The Pre-performance Guide, The Guide to Visualization.
– The book Conquer Anxiety: How to Overcome Anxiety and Optimize Your Performance, Skidmore, Shallengberger, Shallenberger.
– 30 Days to Peak Performance Workbook, Skidmore
– The guided meditations Relax the Body/Focus the Mind and Working with Your Cast of Characters, Skidmore
A 50% discount to retake any of Dr. Skidmore’s programs or workshops.
To maintain certification as a Peak Performance Coach, each year you will need to complete six hours of Peak Performance continuing education credits. Dr. Skidmore has a variety of workshops you can participate in, or review to complete this requirement. Two of the six hours may come from sources besides Dr. Skidmore. Books, videos, or conferences focused on the mental skills of peak performance can count for two hours of continuing education.
Level III will be a live online experience, however, links and passwords for recordings of Level III work sessions will be provided to participants after each session is complete.
Contact Veronica Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Tuition for Peak Performance Level III Training is $450 US for IVTOM members, $550 US for Non-members.
Because Level III Peak Performance training is limited to 10 participants, there will be no refunds.